Sherry J. Gilmer, OD
3925 Pelham Road (Inside Walmart Vision Cntr)
Greenville, SC 29615
Tues., Wed., Fri., and Sat. 9:00am - 5:00pm
Welcome to Dr. Gilmer's Office
Dr. Gilmer's Office is currently open.
We are seeing routine and emergency patients.
Our first concern with reopening will be to provide a safe environment for our staff and patients.
We will be following the CDC, AOA and the Opening Up America Again guidelines.
We ask for your patience as we work to provide you with the best care and implement the following protocol:
1. Deferring routine vision appointments for vulnerable individuals or those people caring for vulnerable individuals until the state government states we are in Phase 3 of reopening. (Vulnerable Individuals are those with serious underlying health conditions including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and those whose immune systems are compromised by chemotherapy for cancer or any other conditions requiring such therapy.) Special accommodations will be provided (9:00am appointment times - first appointment) for vulnerable individuals.
2. All patients will be asked to check in by calling our office and waiting in their car until it is safe for them to enter.
3. Patients will be scheduled for exams at 1 hour intervals to allow time for disinfection between each patient.
4. Any one entering the office must wear a mask.
5. Due to our small office size only 2 people will be allowed in the office at any given time. Our office door will remain locked so that we can control the flow of traffic. If the patient is a minor or a person needing a caregiver, they may be accompanied by 1 adult family member or guardian, otherwise no additional friends or family members may accompany a patient.
6. Only the patient will be allowed in exam room. At this time, there can be no additional family members in the exam room due to the room's extremely small area. We ask that all younger children and those patients needing an interpreter defer their appointments at this time.
7. We will not be able to schedule multiple family members at the same time or on the same day.
8. The doctor and staff will wear a mask at all times and social distancing will be observed at all possible times.
9. A non-contact temperature check will be required prior to entry.
10. All paperwork (patient information and medical history) will be completed with the doctor or office manager prior to the patient's arrival.
Thank you so much for your understanding. Nickole and I are very excited to see everyone again soon!
Sherry J. Gilmer, OD
Please share this information with your friends and family.
We are committed to earning your trust and providing the best vision care for you and your family.
We welcome the opportunity to serve your eye care needs through:
Comprehensive Eye Exams
Contact Lens Exams
Including specialty fits for high astigmatism, bifocal contacts - even those with astigmatism,
RGP contact lens and Keratoconic fits.
(A service offered through the AOA )
Exams for children ages
6 months - 1 year at no charge.
Treatment for corneal abrasions, allergies,
dry eye and ocular infections.